1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Should I be worried?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by anon4046, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Found myself in Scotmid today buying a box of wine 'because it's more economical'..

Just pass me the straw, thanks.

2. lunarita

lunarita Established commenter

I used to tell myself that with a box of wine I drank less, not more.

With a bottle, I'd feel I had to drink it once it was opened. With a box you know it'll keep.

3. v12

v12

In France they sell the stuff in 10 litre boxes.
    Ten litres for a little over ten euros.
    Tsk.
    Wish I'd brought a few back with me in August.

4. Yes, I bought a box for when my sister came to visit two weeks ago and there's still some left. So I was right and not fooling myself, hurray!!

5. v12

v12

Yes - but no-one knows quite how much you have had.
    For that reason, I find that I drink more from boxes.

6. Really? I find I drink more from boxes cos there's more in them!!!
    I only drink 1 unit a night (1 bottle, 1 box, 1 cask...)

7. I always buy boxes because they're cheaper. I dont drink more, or less, than when I drink bottles - I drink as much as I want to until im not enjoying it anymore!

8. lunarita

lunarita Established commenter

I'm a one-small-glass-after-dinner kind of person, and with a bottle I'd sometimes feel I should have another, because if not, it would end up getting poured down the sink after a few days anyway.
    I don't have that dilemma with a box.
    That said, the vacuum tops you can get these days do a good job and seem to keep the wine good for long enough.

9. v12

v12

or until I've lost the ability to swallow - depending on the quality of the wine.
    Mind you, after the first mug-full - they all tend to taste fairly nice!
    Except the stuff from those petrol-pump-type dispensers in those French caves de vin - which never really tastes very nice even after a few tumblers.

10. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

ditto but we have started buying half bottles instead.