1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Should I be pleased?

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by kanddd, Jul 31, 2011.

1. Our headteacher has changed all our roles for next year. From working outside the class with groups, we have been told that we will all be working in class and if not working on a 1:1 will be a general assistant. Well when I say all, I meant to say everyone but me. I have already been told that I will be taking groups for maths everyday. I have been told that I will not be assigned to any class but will move around the school and be used as necessary. Should I be pleased that my skills are being used? I have been told that I will be probably be based in year 6 and work with 3 different classes but using the same lesson plan for each. I am worrried that I will become bored? How can I go about mentioning my doubts?

2. Our headteacher has changed all our roles for next year. From working outside the class with groups, we have been told that we will all be working in class and if not working on a 1:1 will be a general assistant. Well when I say all, I meant to say everyone but me. I have already been told that I will be taking groups for maths everyday. I have been told that I will not be assigned to any class but will move around the school and be used as necessary. Should I be pleased that my skills are being used? I have been told that I will be probably be based in year 6 and work with 3 different classes but using the same lesson plan for each. I am worrried that I will become bored? How can I go about mentioning my doubts?

3. hubcap

hubcap New commenter

yes, I would be pleased, they think you are good! Are you paid anymore than the others? I suppose that depends on the level you are qualified to. I would ask the head for a meeting , do not say anything about being bored, big no no! You could however ask if you could add some activities in case the children get bored. Good luck!

4. There are 3 other TAs who are the same grade as me. They will be continued to be paid the same grade as me for their class work. I will speak to the head as soon as possible although I know the answer he will give.