1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Should I be a bit mad or should I be very sensible?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by anon3372, Feb 10, 2011.

1. I have saved some cash.
    More than I had planned (God, how did that happen?!)
    Should I just leave it there or should I treat my kids to a fabbo evening at Starlight Express, which is still running in Germany (and they have never seen it). I could afford seats right at the front.
    Or should I be sensible and save it for a rainy day?
    I am so not used to having extra cash - but I would still have saved cash even if I bought the tickets.
    Please someone tell me to buy the Starlight Express tickets! I feel a bit guilty at the very thought of using the money for a night out, but the kids would have such a fabulous time and we haven't had a treat for yeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaars.
    I am trying to convine myself, in case you hadn't noticed...

2. Do it! Do it! Do it!
    What else is spare money for? If you urgently needed it for anything else you would've spent it by now - therefore it is for enjoying!

3. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

Buy the tickets!
    You'll give your kids lovely memories which will last much longer than the actual night out and you obviously really want to go.

4. Go for it!
    I saw Starlight Express many years ago in London - and it's a great family show!

5. I have seen it twice and yes, it is great.
    OK - I shall blow it on the tickets *she says through gritted teeth*
    Kids will be chuffed to bits - what the hell, they deserve a treat.

6. Your rainy day may never come CQ and even if it does, you'll cope. Take the kids.
    Have a wonderful time.

7. catmother

catmother Lead commenter

As long as you're not short of money to pay the "bills",I cannot see anything wrong on spending it on something you and the children will enjoy.

8. Weeeeeeeeeell, I just rang my ex (as I was going to invite him too).
    He knows the guy who does the mix pult so we can get the tickets cheaper!
    Ohhhhhhhhhhh, I am so excited now.
    We are not breathing a word to the kids...going to be a Big Surprise.
    And ex is driving so I can even have a beer.
    Loldiloldilol.
    Much easier than I thought!

9. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Buy the tickets and enjoy a marvellous treat!

10. I have such happy memories of going to see Starlight Express with my mum and siblings. Do it.

Also, my mum bought the casette and we listened to it in the car for a month before so we knew all the songs, and that made it even better. So, buy the CD as well, and then they can sing along to "There's a light at the end of the tunnel."

11. Excellent choice CQ [​IMG]
    I have starlight on loop at the moment on my Ipod (different musical every few days!) and wish I could see it again.

12. henriette

henriette New commenter

Personally I hate musicals so this would be my idea of torture, but we had a similar situation: O/h got a tax rebate and we had to decide whether to invest it or have a good holiday...........no contest really!!

13. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

buy the cheaper tickets and go 50/50

14. No way.
    I want the tickets right at the front. If I am splashing out, it has to be worth it.
    I will get the cheaper tickets via his mate, he gets to chat with his mate (so I only pay for 3 tickets), he drives. Me and kids have fun.I chip in for petrol, but it is not far from us, just up the road. Hell, I'll even pay the car park fees!
    Elfie - it has to be WORTH it, you see [​IMG]

15. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I find if you sit at the front you get a crick in your neck.

16. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

take a cushion

17. But if you sit at the back they don't race past you on their skates.
    I reckon our necks can take it for a night, and anyway, you don't need to look up. Just straight on.

18. Nutella, sometimes you are just such a niggle, honestly.
    Do you find it hard to say anything nice, ever?

19. You don't with the way starlight is set up/performed

20. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I frequently say nice things. Perhaps you are so self absorbed that you miss them.