1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Should I ask for my job back?

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by thekillers1, Sep 22, 2019.

1. thekillers1

thekillers1 Lead commenter

Has anyone done this? What happened?

2. Corvuscorax

Corvuscorax Senior commenter

In what circumstances did it become not your job?

thekillers1 likes this.
  3. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

From this in Feb/March
    To this in Sept.
    Why on earth would you want to go back?

4. peakster

peakster Star commenter

...and you probably have very little chance anyway.

5. thekillers1

You're totally right everyone. The state sector has been hard and failing to recall what happened in the last year or so has been a block. Appreciate everyone's comments.

agathamorse and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  6. install

install Star commenter

Knew a colleague years past who wrongly thought they could never be replaced. To prove their point they handed in their resignation - and then said to the head they had changed their mind.

Needless to say - the Head didn't like being played with and told them so. If someone wants to go, they want to go.

7. GirlGremlin

GirlGremlin Occasional commenter

You should be enjoying your paternity leave! Stop thinking about work, it is just a job!

I've been trying to go out to meetup groups for the last few weekends to stop me just sitting in a continuous cycle thinking about work and what I could have done better etc. I am less prepared, but my lessons are going better because my mental health is improving and I'm enjoying life more, which is reflected in my teaching. Even though if feels wrong to not be cramming for hours every week night and weekend.

Please try and put yourself and your family before your work, before it is too late :(

8. thekillers1

I'm stressing going back. I'll talk to the line manager possibly today and tell him how I feel. Just feel that the work life balance which was promised isn't there.

9. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

Write down details of your hours and activity and ask what to cut first!

You never know. They might have some ideas. Give them a chance to be helpful. When they look at you as if you're mad and tell you that there are a few things you've clearly NOT been doing? On yer bike. Well, notice periods etc etc.

10. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

You're panicking. Don't do anything rash. One day at a time.