1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Should he get Ofsteded? Vote here!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by TheoGriff, Jan 12, 2011.

1. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

David Miliband, ex-Education Minister, ex-Leader candidate, and untrained and inexperienced as a teacher, is going to start teaching.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2011/jan/11/david-miliband-teaching-haverstock-school?INTCMP=SRCH
    Should he be Ofsteded?
    School seems to have its last Inspection in 2008. So not really time yet. But should there be a special Ofsted Inspection when he starts?
    Perhaps we'll ask Gail to make it her Vote Of The Week . . .
    I shall be doing Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contributing to the Job Application Seminars over February half term. We shall be looking at application letters, executive summaries and interviews. Contact advice@tes.co.uk for more details.
    Look forward to seeing you then!

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

David Miliband, ex-Education Minister, ex-Leader candidate, and untrained and inexperienced as a teacher, is going to start teaching.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2011/jan/11/david-miliband-teaching-haverstock-school?INTCMP=SRCH
    Should he be Ofsteded?
    School seems to have its last Inspection in 2008. So not really time yet. But should there be a special Ofsted Inspection when he starts?
    Perhaps we'll ask Gail to make it her Vote Of The Week . . .
    I shall be doing Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contributing to the Job Application Seminars over February half term. We shall be looking at application letters, executive summaries and interviews. Contact advice@tes.co.uk for more details.

3. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

Isn't he a sitting MP?
    Do MPs really do so little in representing us that they can take on a stressful time consuming job like teaching? Or is he really a wierd android created by a mad scientist that never needs to sleep? .....
    ... him and his brother look like that is what they are.

4. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Has he been CRB and List 99 checked?
    The 'Safer Recruitment' training (online) which I underwent highlighted the need for recruiters to make note of unusual or off-beat personalities. In that respect, Miliband is Legion!

5. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

Will his total lack of bias in the politics lessons be equally dismissive of all the party leaderships?

6. Teaching at haverstock combined not onl with role as MP but with a position at Sunderland FC.

I'd have more respect for him if he went to teach in Sunderland tbh.

7. He wouldn't last 30 seconds in some schools in Sunderland... and as a fan of their footy team can I just say:

DO NOT WANT DO NOT WANT DO NOT WANT DO NOT WANT DO NOT WANT

8. Why Suz?

9. Send in OFSTED!

10. egyptgirl

egyptgirl Senior commenter

The political bias point is interesting. What qualifies him to do this? Has he done a PGCE?

11. Sounds like he will just pop into a-level politics classes to me.

12. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Just read that the p-t Sunderland Footie job pays £50k . . .

13. What's the difference between schools in Sunderland and those in central London?

14. Have you ever been to Sunderland?
    London is a haven in comparison.

15. Nope, haven't - interesting... I'll cross it off my list of places to head to...although I do now have a sort of morbid curiousity...