1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Shortlisting

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by littlelil1973, Oct 1, 2015.

1. littlelil1973

littlelil1973 New commenter

Hi. I applied for a TA role. Closing date was today at midday with shortlisting taking place this afternoon and interviews 6th Oct. As I haven't heard anything this afternoon and it's 5.30pm now, would that mean I haven't been shortlisted? Thanks x

2. OBakaSama

OBakaSama Occasional commenter

It may depend on how quickly schools act on informing interviewees, but often it is a day or so after the closing date. From my own experience it isn't often a school calls you; I usually receive emails. May have to wait until tomorrow to see if there is notice.

TA applications are really competitive, so getting to the interview stage is an achievement in and of itself.

Good luck.

3. picsgirl

picsgirl New commenter

The school I'm presently in phoned me more than two weeks after the application closure date - keep an open mind, good luck

4. stargirl81

stargirl81 New commenter

I got an email at lunchtime the day after the applications closed! I'd imagine if the interview is Tuesday you might have heard today..