1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

shortlisting today - when would they let you know?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by little_red_fraggle, May 16, 2011.

1. Hello, more a lurker than a poster usually but getting desperate! lol

I have applied for deputy headship and shortlisting was today. when would they let you know if you have made it to interview?

thank you :)

2. Teaching in the UK is a weird world.
    If shortlisting was today, surely you will receive a letter by the end of the week or early next week?
    Or do they ring you?

3. I have no idea :( interviews are next Monday 23rd May, and they want to see a lesson so I would hope it will be soon :)

4. If interviews are next Monday, then the postal route would be a bit slow...

5. anon8315

anon8315 Established commenter

Hi, I have applied for a few HOD posts lately and it has varied. Two rang me the following day to let me know I had been shortlisted while another two kept me in suspense for over a week and I was just saying to friends that I didn't think I had been shortlisted when the letter came! I'd imagine you would hear something within the next three days, good luck x

6. thank you :) fingers crossed...