1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

shortlisting letters

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by loui87, Jan 24, 2012.

1. loui87

loui87 New commenter

if a school says their shortlisting on a particular day - do applicants get notified on that day - or are letters sent out??

2. loui87

loui87 New commenter

if a school says their shortlisting on a particular day - do applicants get notified on that day - or are letters sent out??

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Come on, come on, how do we know that?
    Every school will do things differently!
    It probably, but not definitely, means that they are holding their meeting on that day to decide. But by the time they finish they may not have time to send out the letters or e-mails, so it may be the next day before they start informing those who have been chosen.
    So don't give up hope yet.
    Another point - this is a big day for people making grammar mistakes in their posts - I know, I know, you are all writing fast! But we want to avoid these mistakes in applications or, horror of horrors, on the board in the observed lesson.
    So go to this thread and note especially Common error number 4:
    A quick grammar lesson. :)
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Win That Teaching Job seminar on Saturday February 25th
    www.tesweekendworkshop87.eventbrite.com<font size="2" color="#0000ff"> </font>

4. Spotted the error - they are is not abbreviated in this way - in fact it has a totally different meaning