1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Shortlisting for schools abroad

Discussion in 'Career clinic' started by gb4990, Jan 17, 2016.

1. gb4990

gb4990 New commenter

Dear Theo,

I was wondering if you may know the shortlisting process for schools in the far east? The website says they have one annual recruitment round for sept starts. Shortlisting taking place shortly after the closing date and interviews usually taking place end of Jan- mid Feb.

The website had a lot of other vacancies for other schools within the group of schools, all with different closing dates. The school will be interviewing face to face in said country and in the UK. I applied for two posts, one deadline was Monday, the other Wednesday.

I can imagine there must be a lot of applicants applying for jobs abroad, but like everyone else, the wait is killing me!

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
    gb4990

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Hi there!

I have absolutely NO idea!

In fact, if you asked me what was the shortlisting process is for schools in Scotland, or in Cornwall, or in London, I still wouldn't be able to answer. A school is an individual, and does its own thing. Even within a group, they won't all do things the exact same way and on the same day.

And you don't really want guidance, you want something to stop you biting your nails and waiting.

;)

I'm afraid that you are just going to have shorter and shorter nails . . .

[​IMG]

Best wishes

3. gb4990

gb4990 New commenter

Thank you for taking the time to reply.
    I think I just need to forget about it and carry on applying to other potential schools to keep my fingers busy!

Thanks again

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

(The missing thumbs-up emoticon)

Hoping for the best outcome for you