1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

shortlisted - panicking

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by leavinglondon, May 4, 2011.

1. The shortlisting letter has just arrived for the leadership job I have been preparing for over the last 3 weeks. The interview will be on Friday. My problem is that, I have deadlines to meet - submitting my university assignment (already begging for an extension). This has seen me working through the nights for the last few days. I am now soooo shattered, I can hardly hold up. Just coasting along at work given that lessons are relaxed in preparation for SATs next week.

1) The day looks pretty simple but the fact is, the tiredness is noticeable. Colleagues have been asking... Am I panicking? Making excuses or simple being honest? {a question for myself I suppose}
    2) Interview is Friday. Finalising my university assignment needs to be done by midnight Thursday. Preparing for the lesson will take a while.

3) Sounds very stupid to be asking others here what they would do, but...I will do so anyway.
    Helllp!

2. I am beginning to think that the only way this will work, is if I can attend a 1-1 with Theo tomorrow and if I am given an extension for my assignment. Maybe I am just panicking?

I think I am....

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

I think yes you're right & tiredness is affecting your judgement.
    Presumably if it's for leadership, you've been teaching a while? So use something you're happy & confident with for your lesson-much less work & you know it's worked before.
    Most important make sure you gey a decent night's sleep before the interview so you're as rested as you can be on the day.
    The very best of luck!

4. Thanks Lara,
    I have been given the topic/genre to teach to. I doubt how much sleep I can get with the assignment deadline to meet as well as being prepared for the lesson etc.