1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Short...

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by YorksLad2, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Hi All,
    I'm a male primary PGCE student and have my first interview tomorrow. Is it acceptable for me to wear a short sleeved shirt and tie to the interview as it is rather warm out.
    Thanks

2. Personally I think you should go in a suit. It's warm yes but getting cooled and you'll only be in it for a short while. Tough Market at the moment, you don't want to miss out on a job because you weren't dressed as expected.

Only my opinion though!

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Perhaps have a short sleeve on under your suit jacket - you can take jacket off to teach, but wear it for the interview.
    Make sure that you read the interview clickables in the Welcome thread to get tips for preparing.
    Well done for getting that interview - we look forward to a new thread called Dear Theo - I got that job!

TheoGriff. Member of the TES Careers Advice Service.

I
    do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the
    Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive
    summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really
    appreciate.

<a name="6835716">[/URL]

4. I will be wearing a suit but wondered whether or not it would be acceptable to wear a short sleeved shirt under the suit instead of a long sleeved shirt?
    Should have been more clear, sorry.

5. Thanks Theo, we must have replied at the same time.

Been reading and re-reading all the tips on here, and the rest. Just hope I remember some of it for tomorrow!