1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Short term summer holiday jobs (UK teacher) - where to look, can anyone help?

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by leba, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Hello

i'm a teacher in england and i want to teach overseas for the summer - i have done a lot of searches but am wondering if anyone on here knows of any websites that are good for finding holiday work teaching english for a month overseas?
    i may have left it too late for this year, but it's something i;d be interested in in future so any info would be great! i have a tefl as well as a pgce.

thanks

leba

2. Hello

i'm a teacher in england and i want to teach overseas for the summer - i have done a lot of searches but am wondering if anyone on here knows of any websites that are good for finding holiday work teaching english for a month overseas?
    i may have left it too late for this year, but it's something i;d be interested in in future so any info would be great! i have a tefl as well as a pgce.

thanks

leba

3. i did a month's summer camp in shanghai, china last year which was amazing. but if china's a bit too far to go, there's always europe. spain, italy, poland, germany all have camps for TEFL. have you looked at www.tefl.com or eslemployment.com. play around on google. have fun! it's an amazing experience!

4. thanks v much lillyclaire i'll look at those sites. would you recommend efl in china?

leba

5. absolutely! i had an absolutely amazing time! If you do decide to go, try and head to a big city. china is quite a culture shock, but i found it helped quite a lot knowing i was in a big city where there were western restaurants and western people and most importantly (for me) western toilets. i went to shanghai and it was fantastic. make sure you find a reputable company. if you need any help, i can give you suggestions on companies in shanghai if you need them.

6. I'd be really interested in teaching in China next summer... do you have details of any companies you could pass on? Also, for such a short post will they normally pay for flights?

7. leave me your email address and i can send you some details the job i took.

8. Hi,

I know this post is quite old, but was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for companies/schools to go through to work in china for the summer?

Many thanks in advance!
    [​IMG]