1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Short stories for year 6 interventions

Discussion in 'Primary' started by EmilyPrentiss, Jan 26, 2019.

1. EmilyPrentiss

EmilyPrentiss New commenter

I'm running English interventions for year 6 and am looking of short stories to add to my resources, so was wondering whether anybody could suggest any which they've found beneficial? I'd be happy to use anything less than novella length, as long as there's plenty of scope for inference.

Thanks.

2. sooooexcited

sooooexcited Established commenter

I'm not a fan of sites like this usually but T.w.i.n.k.l have lots of texts for y6 for just this purpose.

3. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

Classroom secrets have lots of suitable differentiated texts.

4. hammie

hammie Lead commenter

Have you access to Bugclub, lots of short leveled texts with resources ready to use.

5. EmilyPrentiss

EmilyPrentiss New commenter

Fantastic, thank you all. I will check those out.

6. doonessy

doonessy New commenter

I like short novels such as Philip Pulman's Spring heeled Jack or Clockwork.

7. soulhalshall

soulhalshall New commenter

I've used Oscar Wilde's The Nightingale and the Rose and The Happy Prince, Margaret Wild's Fox and Tanglewood (also attractive picture books) and All Summer in a Day by Ray Bradbury. They've enjoyed these, actually for upper KS2 of all levels.

8. brighton56

brighton56 Occasional commenter