1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Short Legs!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by anon8315, Jan 18, 2012.

1. anon8315

anon8315 Established commenter

Hello, I am only five foot 3, but I have really short legs and finding trousers to fit is a bit of a nightmare. I am a fairly average size 12 and I used to buy most of my trousers at Next, but lately I seem to be finding them a bit tight around my bum which isn't very comfortable!
    Where do petite ladies buy their school trousers from? x

2. anon8315

Hello, I am only five foot 3, but I have really short legs and finding trousers to fit is a bit of a nightmare. I am a fairly average size 12 and I used to buy most of my trousers at Next, but lately I seem to be finding them a bit tight around my bum which isn't very comfortable!
    Where do petite ladies buy their school trousers from? x

3. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

[​IMG]

or Hobbits R Us.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I'm 5'1" so you're tall so far as I'm concerned. I've lost a fair bit of weight in the last year and am now a size 12 (and occasionally a 10!!!) but I do find finding trousers to fit a real nightmare. They're the only thing I've had trouble buying since I've lost weight. The one pair I have which are comfortable and fit well are actually from Asda/George online - a size 10, short. When you finally find a source do let me know!

5. I've got the opposite problem!
    If you can get to a big(gish) branch of New Look they do a variety of leg lengths, as do M&Co at a reasonable price.

6. anon8315

Lol seren, anyone over five five is tall as far as I'm concerned!
    I used to have a nice pair of River Island trousers but I can't find anything suitable in there now and haven't for a while. Peacocks offer a short range but the material is really thin and I get cold.
    Well done on your size 10! [​IMG]

7. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

Just choose a straight leg style and take them up!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I'm really not but I'm more than happy to be a size 12. I've kind of given up on trousers and am wearing skirts and dresses a lot more. I never wore dresses to work but there are so many cheap and cheerful, business style dresses around that suit me that I'm wearing them regularly. Asda have perfectly good 300 denier thermal tights (I get very cold legs too) which I wear with the dresses and I've never had more compliments.
    I have both of these:
    http://direct.asda.com/george/womens/dresses/work-dresses/ponte-dress/GEM98795,default,pd.html
    http://direct.asda.com/george/womens/dresses/evening-dresses/formal-ponte-dress/GEM79734,default,pd.html

9. You're a woman - wear a fricking skirt.
    cyolba, unreconstructed in every way :)

10. anon8315

Sometimes I do, but tights annoy me - they fall down and you can't hitch them up and look ladylike! x

11. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Trust me...300 denier tights are going nowhere!

12. I am only 5'1" and get most of my trousers from BHS and occasionally from Wallis.

13. Asda/George.
    Not exactly haute couture but fit like a glove, cheap and ideal for work. I buy in bulk!
    I wear regular length - you might need short, as I am a few cms taller than you!

14. Even short are really a bit long for me, but work ok with a small heel. Asda are the best I've found, but that is probably because I don't go in expensive shops!

15. The Asda/ George dresses look great and are very, very cheap but sadly they are made of man-made fabrics. Even the smallest amount of that stuff puts me off buying something.

As for black trousers - yuch. Only wool or linen would do and even then...DULL...

16. I'm 4'11" so I really have issues :/ I tend not to bother with trousers if I'm honest. (though I might now cybola has spoken.....just to **** him off)
    Next are quite good though....think Dorothy Ps may do petite too. I'll echo the request of when you find a source let me know :)

17. Some of you are extremely petite. I am 5.6 which is perfect - although being tall is possible if I wear heels...though kitten heels don't add more than an 1.5 ins. Annoyingly.

18. FaF,somehow I just knew you would be 5'6....the "perfect" height.......as was seapink, funnily enough.

19. You must be vertically challenged, then, cosmos?

20. Do you keep records of posters? How bizarre.