1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Short break away during june half term - any ideas?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by monkey1, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Hi
    I am thinking of a short break away (maybe 3/4 nights) in the UK with my husband this next holiday. He is off travelling on his bike in the summer hols - so want to spend some time with him - instead of staying a thome and wasting away the week!
    Any ideas and recommendations of where we could go.... get a cottage somewhere. We both like walking, sight seeing and chilling out really. Not really ones for pubbing.

2. Cestrian

Cestrian New commenter

We were in a farm cottage near Louth in Lincolnshire last summer, not an area we had been to before, but so lovely. Friends have just come back from a week in a Norfolk cottage - Happisburgh - which they said was a lovely area too.

3. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Pembrokeshire Coast National Park? Loads of lovely walks, and much quieter than the South West. From Newgale down to Little Haven is fairly central.

Mid-Wales around the Machynlleth-Aberdovy area?

North Wales pretty much anywhere?

Welsh borders - just follow the A49 on a map.

(You might have gathered that I like Wales)