1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Short adventure stories

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Itsme22, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Itsme22

Itsme22 New commenter

Hi, I am doing adventure stories with Year 5/6 and I was wondering whether anyone had any short adventure stories they could advise me to use to help pick out the features and give the children some examples. I'm struggling to think of short stories to use. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you

2. Itsme22

Itsme22 New commenter

Hi, I am doing adventure stories with Year 5/6 and I was wondering whether anyone had any short adventure stories they could advise me to use to help pick out the features and give the children some examples. I'm struggling to think of short stories to use. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you

3. Itsme22

Itsme22 New commenter

Thank you. I have that book on order. Are there any of the stories inparticular that you would recommend using?

Are the stories short enough to use as models in a lesson? For example, reading the beginning for the children to then write the middle etc. A lot of stories I've looked at so far are too long for this. Thank you.

4. I have some short texts that are good for models and will send tomorrow if I HAVE AN EMAIL ADDRESS to send to. Email me at gertie.....at ... grumbles..... dot ... me ....dot ... uk.

Take all the dots and stuff out!!!