1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Short activities for summer school interview

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by debhogan, May 24, 2012.

1. Hi there, I was just wondering if anyone could provide me with a bit of a steer. I have an interview for a summer school job this tuesday where I will be required to deliver a 5 minute, level 3 activity aimed at Years 5 and 6. In addition I will need to do an icebreaker which should last no more than 7 minutes for the same audience.
    I am hoping to teach the Literacy lessons and so am thinking, for the activity, of giving them a question like "how would you describe an elephant to someone who has never seen one" and asking them to work in pairs/threes to brainstorm key words and to then think about how they would describe the animal, also using actions?
    For the icebreaker I was thinking of asking people to write down three things about themselves, of which one is untrue. The rest of the group has to establish which one is the false one.
    Any thoughts on these would be great.
    Many thanks

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Congratulations on the interview.
    Years ago, when I first started looking on this forum I used to offer feedback on ideas/advice BUT it became clear that this is <u>not</u> a good idea.
    Have confidence in your own ideas and ability but do be clear what is the purpose of your lesson.