1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Shop name for English and Geography teacher

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by tomgav, Jul 23, 2019.

1. tomgav

tomgav New commenter

Hi all,

I am focusing on growing and adding my resources to my shop here. I am both an English and Geography teacher because in Ireland we qualify for two subjects.

I am hoping to have a catchy shop name that incorporates both subjects.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks!

2. MissEHoney

MissEHoney New commenter

Engraphy resources? Or Geoglish?

a51_ufo and TheGingerTeacher like this.
  3. Dodros

Dodros Star commenter

I found this at https://www.semanticscholar.org/pap...rgan/a2b6d5114ec995606343a9a75f8ed6bc8593a275.
    English and geography: common ground? From Planet Earth to Pigs
    What does a sense of space and place bring to the interpretation of a literary text such as Pigs by Les Murray? What does an English subject perspective add to work in geography on documentary texts such as the BBC wildlife series Planet Earth? This article is an outcome of our collaboration as teacher educators involved in the initial training of English and geography teachers. We start with Planet Earth because we want to highlight a popular text worth viewing from different subject perspectives. In many ways the process reflects the type of interdisciplinary understanding required to address ecological issues. We take the examples of English and geography, tracing the etymologies of these separate disciplines and considering the common ground between them. The potential of this approach for subject development is modelled through analysis of Pigs, a poem by Les Murray.

So perhaps: "From Planet Earth to Pigs"?

4. Dodros

Dodros Star commenter

Another thought has come to mind... What about:

"Oh, the Humanities!"

The phrase "Oh, the humanity" is associated with the Hindenburg disaster. Herbert Morrison, a reporter for WLS Radio in Chicago, who was covering the event live, cried out the now famous words, "Oh, the Humanity!" as he watched the airship burst into flames.

TheGingerTeacher and Mrsmumbles like this.
  5. Dodros

Dodros Star commenter

Yet another suggestion: "Word & World".

shd132 likes this.
  6. Dodros

Dodros Star commenter

"The Anglography department"

7. tesAuthorTeam

tesAuthorTeam Administrator Staff Member TES Authors' forum host

Great to see the creativity flowing! We're loving the suggestions.

[Richard]

8. Krazikas

Krazikas Occasional commenter

EnGeO or Engeo or EngGeo

9. ancaselaru

ancaselaru New commenter