1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Shooting in New Zealand

Discussion in 'Personal' started by vinnie24, Mar 15, 2019.

1. sparklesparkle

sparklesparkle Established commenter

Would you rather just mention the names of non-white ones? As always, your logic is no logic at all.

You have written 10 posts on this atrocity, all of which are attempts at political point-scoring.

Do you think this is all about you? Innocent people have died. Surely they are more important than your own agenda?

lexus300 likes this.
  2. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Actually that is a thing experts push for...

By constantly highlighting these people and their beliefs/''achievements'' in inadvertently glorify them in the minds of other disturbed individuals.

Take the recent school shooting in Brazil... they sought to ''out do'' the Columbine massacre...

Best to leave these people and their ideas where they belong, in the sewers.

3. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Disturbing to see someone like Warsi reject signs of compassion... but this appears to be a new thing for certain people [see post #25]. Warsi belittled herself.

lexus300 and sparklesparkle like this.
  4. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Are you really using this incident... this tragedy... to score points on here?

5. vinnie24

vinnie24 Lead commenter

Not mentioning the name of this terrorist is a Donald Trump talking point. If you can find me a quote where people said don't mention the names of the Boston marathon bomber or the Manchester arena bomber I will take your point seriously.

49 people were slaughtered by a far right terrorist and you don't think this is political?

6. vinnie24

vinnie24 Lead commenter

We need to wipe out this kind of talk.

This is a good place to do it.

7. sparklesparkle

For someone who is all over social media, you're very ill-informed.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2...top-publishing-photos-and-names-of-terrorists

nomad likes this.
  8. sparkleghirl

sparkleghirl Star commenter

Anyone who can suggest there's no political element to this or that politics should be kept out of any discussion on it is either deluded or deflecting.

MAGAorMIGA and Scintillant like this.
  9. sparklesparkle

It's a good place for anyone with an ounce of humanity to think about the victims and their families.

And to think about the amount of hate that is spread on social media by activists.

You know what they say vinnie. If you aren't part of the solution you're part of the problem.

Oscillatingass likes this.
  10. sparklesparkle

That's right, anyone who wants to put the victims first and foremost is a white supremacist.

It takes a special kind of person to think that way. I'm glad I'm not one of them.

lanokia and nomad like this.
  11. vinnie24

vinnie24 Lead commenter

I do my bit by not denigrating Islam, Muslims, immigrants or refugees. Can others say the same?

Can you say the same?

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
  12. sparklesparkle

Of course I can.

Do you "do your bit" by not denigrating religious group?

Your hashtags indicate that you "stand with" three Labour members thrown out for anti-Semitism.

13. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

Or even better, challenge people who help Tommy Robinson and his ilk get their message across.

14. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Do you not have the slightest element of respect for the victims of this tragedy or are you just blinded by your obsession to make political capital from it?

15. Scintillant

The best thing anyone can do is to act so as to reduce the chances of it happening in places they have some influence over.

Opposing people who hate muslims is not making political capital. It's the right thing to do.

16. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

Except he didn't. What he said was: “My heart goes out to the victims of the horrific terror attack in New Zealand. We stand in solidarity with the Muslim community in Christchurch and around the world. We must defeat the bigotry which fuels such hatred and violence.”

JL48 and friedgreentomatoes like this.
  17. sparklesparkle

Because trolling on a thread like this is such a good look.

lexus300 likes this.
  18. vinnie24

vinnie24 Lead commenter

Ahem

Here is you venting your spleen about the Muslim council.

Like you say, if you are not part of the solution you are part of the problem.

19. Scintillant

Oh my days, you're good value. Are you new to the internetz?

20. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

I read that the attack was originally planned for Dunedin (where the Australian terrorist was living) but that he changed location 3 months ago on learning that one of the mosques there used to be a Christian church.