1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Shoe sales

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lapinrose, Aug 15, 2020.

1. lapinrose

lapinrose Star commenter

I am addicted to one brand, normally costing £65 and more, but sale price around £25-29, just ordered 2 more pairs!! Still Imelda Marcos, same birth sign as me (Pisces) had over 300 pairs!

2. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Quite right. You have to grab bargains when you see them.

3. Ezzie

Ezzie Occasional commenter

@lapinrose would this be Hotter? I’ve just been on their website so am tempted by a few bargains, too! Very comfy shoes (I am so over squeezing my feet into pointy toed, high heeled shoes).

agathamorse likes this.
  4. lapinrose

lapinrose Star commenter

Great minds etc!

agathamorse likes this.
  5. Corvuscorax20

Corvuscorax20 Senior commenter

I have a massive shoe problem. I can't throw them away when they get too old and tatty for normal wear and need replacing. I buy new shoes and accumulate old shoes that might come in useful one day for something. Like gardening ( I don't have a garden) or wading through mud ( I have wellies) or some imaginary scenario.

Shoes I buy spend less than a quarter of their lives in the " smart enough to wear to work/shops/friends" rack, then years more in the heap of old shoes in my wardrobe. Shoes I COULD wear in an emergency... some with holes in, some sole coming away, some with broken down backs, but ALL wearable in an emergency

agathamorse likes this.
  6. lapinrose

lapinrose Star commenter

Yes, such well made shoes and so comfortable, they're the only shoes I wear these days.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

agathamorse likes this.
  7. ACOYEAR8

ACOYEAR8 Star commenter

agathamorse likes this.
  8. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

Erm, can I take this shoe related opportunity to make a public request?
    This is to the person who stole my shoes from in front of the bouncy castle last weekend-
    grow up!

9. smoothnewt

smoothnewt Star commenter

I had my feet measured in Hotter the other week.
    Very useful. They email you a copy of the results. They then select the style of shoe you are interested in on the computer and it tells you the size and width you need.

agathamorse likes this.
  10. smoothnewt

smoothnewt Star commenter

[​IMG]

I bought these. £39 down from £65.

agathamorse likes this.
  11. chelsea2

chelsea2 Star commenter

What are shoes?
    I can't remember when I last wore a pair.
    It's either trainers, walking shoes / boots or sandals.
    I have two pairs of shoes in my wardrobe, neither of which I COULD wear, as they are now too tight.
    And I only have three pairs of sandals, one for everyday wear, and two for 'going out' (remember that?).

Mind, I have insertional tendinitis in one foot, which makes wearing shoes quite difficult.
    See below - my 'lump' is considerably larger.

[​IMG]

12. Corvuscorax20

Corvuscorax20 Senior commenter

Is that a lump on the back over the heel?

13. chelsea2

chelsea2 Star commenter

Yes, on the right hand side.
    That's insertional tendinitis.
    My lump is bigger.