1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Shocking bad reference.

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by Mac001, May 18, 2020.

1. Mac001

Mac001 New commenter

Hi

I asked to see reference after HT gave it to school i was offered a job.
    And they withdrawn the offer due to what was in it.
    After seeking legal advice over weekend. And emailed in complaint to governor's..
    HT has sent it over .. now to which he recommended me for another post ..
    I am shocked to the core with his comments ..
    How do i get over a bad reference to that ettend?

2. Mac001

Mac001 New commenter

, her failure (despite considerable support) to maintain positive relationships with all her colleagues has been problematic. She appears highly committed to working with SEND and vulnerable pupils but her ability to always do this effectively is hampered by her temperament, which can be unpredictable. She has shown the ability to be innovative, proactive and hard working but, at times, highly negative, insensitive and abrasive in her manner with some staff.

3. Skeoch

Skeoch Star commenter

References don't have to be good. They have to be truthful.

Your first post isn't very clear. If you were to lay it out in chronological order, it would help us understand.

Did you discuss your application with the HT, or with your line manager, in advance?

sunshineneeded likes this.
  4. stargirl81

stargirl81 New commenter

That sounds incredibly harsh if it's not true...
    Why would someone lie do you think?

Can you think of any examples that made them write this? the not getting on with staff and your temperment in particular? you obviously dont agree with this so maybe you could ask your head for examples?