1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Shipwreck

Discussion in 'Art and design' started by expecting, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Hi,
    I've googled but just wondered if anyone had any interesting ideas about a 6 week project on Shipwreck for 8-10 year olds.

So far I've got the Wallis shipwreck of Alba, Turners famous one and one from Kuniyoshi. Have also thought about reading child friendly parts of 20,000 leagues under the sea and 12th Night.

Anyone done this before? Any exciting leads?

Thanks in advance xx

2. Hi,
    I've googled but just wondered if anyone had any interesting ideas about a 6 week project on Shipwreck for 8-10 year olds.

So far I've got the Wallis shipwreck of Alba, Turners famous one and one from Kuniyoshi. Have also thought about reading child friendly parts of 20,000 leagues under the sea and 12th Night.

Anyone done this before? Any exciting leads?

Thanks in advance xx

3. artcrisis

artcrisis New commenter

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_172951536063143
    is a link to a new Facebook page, set up by NSEAD, for primary art subject leaders. Join this group- if you use FB- and post the question there.
    www.nsead.org

4. Gericault's 'Raft of the Medusa' springs to mind.

5. 'Shipwrecked Sailor' by Ed Boxall, at least this is what came to mind. Love the photography and illustrations combined together - lovely little short story.

6. Wow that's such a brilliant book- they're going to love it!

Thanks for all the help xx