1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Shipping to singapore

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by bear7, Mar 6, 2011.

1. Hello

Has anyone shipped from UK to Singapore? Could you let me know what the process is? Any recommended companies? I would like my things to clear customs and be ready to set up in my apartment as soon as I enter the country as I only have a couple of days between when I arrive and start the term. Is this possible? what type of prices am I going to be facing by size or weight?

All suggestions or advice would be much appreciated

Thanks

2. Hello

Has anyone shipped from UK to Singapore? Could you let me know what the process is? Any recommended companies? I would like my things to clear customs and be ready to set up in my apartment as soon as I enter the country as I only have a couple of days between when I arrive and start the term. Is this possible? what type of prices am I going to be facing by size or weight?

All suggestions or advice would be much appreciated

Thanks

3. I would think in order to accomplish this you would have to take it with you as excess baggage. I was looking into this a few weeks ago. BA (as an example) allow one free 23kg bag. The 2nd is US$50 (about 30 quid). The third (and I guess 4, 5, and 6, but check) would be US$150 (About 90 quid). Lufthansa is about the same. Boxes can be quite large. Search Google for BA excess baggage. It's cheaper if you pay for it before arrving at the airport (on line).
    I guess you could airfreight it. BA from Vancouver to Cairo is $9.90 a kg. I think that might be a standard price for longhaul flights.