1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Shipping Personal Items from China to Thailand. Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by Helen-Back, Feb 13, 2016.

1. Helen-Back

Helen-Back Occasional commenter

Any thoughts on shipping companies from China to Thailand? We used Allied Pickfords years ago and it cost a fortune. Another time we palletized our own stuff in the shipper's yard, which was way cheaper. Not sure we can do that from our current location.

We need recommendations for reasonably priced shippers. Ideally we'd like to box the stuff ourselves and create the packing list, then have the shipping company collect the boxes from our apartment. We're probably looking at around 2CBM or one pallets worth. Thoughts? Thanks in advance.

2. wrldtrvlr123

wrldtrvlr123 Occasional commenter

We used 7 Seas to move from China to Germany. We had around 4 CBM of stuff and it cost approx. RMB 22K. I don't know if it was reasonable or not but the pick up, transport and delivery went off without a hitch and everything arrived safely so it was worth it to us.

3. lovely.lady

lovely.lady Occasional commenter

Santa Fe are big in China and if you pm me I will give you a contact there. He is based on Shanghai and is the general manager.