1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

shes GORGOUS !

Discussion in 'Personal' started by valencia, Aug 20, 2015.

1. valencia

valencia Occasional commenter

Just back from my Philippine trip to meet my grand daughter for the first time, well, the title says it all and oh, how we bonded for that month...Goodbyes were brutal but the memories, I'll cherish till we meet again

2. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

So pleased you had a lovely time Val! Of course she's gorgeous! I haven't seen my little man since he was three weeks and he's nine weeks now.

3. mandala1

mandala1 Occasional commenter

How lovely. It is awful having offspring Far Away - I cannot think how it would be if there were grandchildren in the mix too.

4. valencia

Thanks...technology is great for keeping in touch, not quite the same as the real thing, but better than it was 20 years ago, foxtail, I can sympathise with you, its very hard, but hey, its their life, as my daughter says 'you've given me the wings to fly and I'll always be grateful for that'

5. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

Glad you had such a good time, valencia.

Grandchildren are top!

(I had mine for 9 and a half hours on Tuesday and I'm still recovering! But those few hours were worth the ensuing fatigue.)

6. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

You're right Valencia! You raise them to be independent, so you can't really complain when they assert their independence. It's what I did, after all! The little ones change so much when they're babies though. I need regular photo updates!

7. tidal

tidal New commenter

Naturally Val

8. valencia

Tidal, I told her all about you and 'our' night, she wishes to convey her thanks ;)

9. kittylion

kittylion Senior commenter

What a lovely thread! So happy for you Valencia.

10. PlymouthMaid

PlymouthMaid Occasional commenter

Brilliant x I spent today with my daughter and now 6 month old granddaughter. I feel quite exhausted as she only slept for about 40 mins and required almost constant entertainment in the form of bouncing, singing and general cuddles which was all lovely of course. I think pesky emerging teeth are making her less tolerant of quiet time.

11. felltogroundinberkeleysquare

felltogroundinberkeleysquare Established commenter

12. valencia

Thanks everyone, I live for the next Skype, (goodness know when we will see her properly again)