1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Teacher Q&A will be closing soon.

If you have any information that you would like to keep or refer to in the future please can you copy and paste the information to a format suitable for you to save or take screen shots of the questions and responses you are interested in.

Don’t forget you can still use the rest of the forums on theTes Community to post questions and get the advice, help and support you require from your peers for all your teaching needs.

Dismiss Notice

She's Gone

Discussion in 'Personal' started by huevosrancheros, Jun 6, 2011.

1. When do you know you've done your job as a 'rent?
    Hard to say.
    It is in when they still talk to you but no longer need you. It is when sometimes they are too busy for you, but when they still need you in a crisis.
    It's when you know she's able to fend for herself against the opposite sex without you ranting in the corner!

2. When do you know you've done your job as a 'rent?
    Hard to say.
    It is in when they still talk to you but no longer need you. It is when sometimes they are too busy for you, but when they still need you in a crisis.
    It's when you know she's able to fend for herself against the opposite sex without you ranting in the corner!

3. I presume you mean your daughter. I am not that far yet but I will give you the words of my mother, when I left England for Germany.
    "Nothing I will say will make you stay. I am here, always - and don't ****** forget how I brought you up".
    Of course, for years, I spent my life henceforce thinking my mother could have no possible advice for me. And of course, I made a mess of lots of things.
    Finally, one day, we daughters grow up and we are on the phone every five minutes to annoy you again asking for advice [​IMG]
    And one day, you are gone - and a huge hole opens up that will never, ever be filled.

4. A woman who only needs a man for rent is basically a lazy cow and you are better off without her.

5. huh, have I missed something`?

6. I thought huevos meant 'parent' too.[​IMG]

7. This made me think it was about an offspring, not a parent.

8. Oh beg pardon. I saw "rent".

9. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

It is rent.

10. I sometimes find myself wondering if I speak the same English as you lot.

11. No, it's ' 'rent', teenie slang for 'parent' no?

12. ooooooooooooooooooooh.

13. eh?

This is becoming surreal

14. I still have no idea,Teddy.
    I just went oooooooooooh.

15. lurk_much

Teeny slang = u ke e rst o tters f?
    Tiny slang = k st ee ters ?
    Miniscule slang = t rs ?

16. lurk_much

Do I need to explain?

17. Please don't - Frank is already doing my head in on Opinion.

18. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Yes. Although 'blank cheque book' might be more appropriate! [​IMG]

19. rosievoice

rosievoice Star commenter

Sometimes you regret clicking on a thread....

20. ROSIEGIRL

ROSIEGIRL Senior commenter

I clicked on this just after the first post and didn't understand it.
    Glad I'm not the only one!