1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Sheet Music...

Discussion in 'Music' started by colliewollie21, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Fellow music teachers. What are the reliable sources to get your scores for choir, orchestras, string quartets etc from?

2. Fellow music teachers. What are the reliable sources to get your scores for choir, orchestras, string quartets etc from?

3. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

4. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

The County Music Library, if you still have one. Otherwise, I generally order from Music Sales (www.musicroom.com) as they give an educational discount, free delivery (above £15) and are usually very fast.

5. Thank-you kindly. I asked a friend where he gets his music and informed me . . . 'in a music shop' :-/

6. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

Well yes - if you have one close by!

7. TrueFaith

TrueFaith New commenter

I always have a look on 8-notes. Not sure if this site breaches any copyrights or not, but it's a great source..

8. I do it all myself, that way I know I'll get parts that individual musicians can play. However, I do use Singing Matters, Voiceworks etc for my choir and also the Oxford Choral Series, which I buy from Amazon.

9. I would like to thank you all for your advise. I am moving to a rather super international school next year and the work load already is immense. It is a new school with a brand new classroom which I have to kit out and resource...let the work begin :D

10. Alphaalpha

Alphaalpha New commenter

www.stantons.com in the US. Delivery is quick to the UK and if you are a school, they will set you up an account.
    Good luck!

11. silverfern

silverfern New commenter