1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

She said it was very tasty, and I'm inclined to agree.

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by modelmaker, Apr 27, 2011.

1. modelmaker

modelmaker Occasional commenter

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1197/rigatoni-sausage-bake
    Our Tesco delivery arrived today and after sorting out what was going in the freezer and the fridge I found I was left with a pack of sausages that ought to be used for today's meal. The weather here has chilled somewhat so I wasn't inclined to barbecue them and looked online for inspiration.
    I have to confess I didn't follow the recipe to the letter. I added some roasted red pepers, replaced the tomato paste with a can of plum tomatoes, left out the stock because there was plenty of liquid, added garlic and half a pack of mushroms, a little chilli too.
    For the sausages, I removed the skins, cut them into small pieces as suggested then rolled them into smal meatballs, I'd guess about 1.5cm each and fried them in a separate pan.
    We didn't have rigatoni or penne, but we had tagliatelli which was just as ok. We has frozen leaf spinach instead of fresh and that worked out fine as well because I plunged the dried tagliatelli into boiling water along with the spinach, gave it 3 minutes once it returned to the boil.
    The recipe would feed a greedy family of four. In our case, I split it into two meals, one bound for the freezer and what's left of today's will be part of the dog's breakfast tomorrow. I'd mark it 5/10 on my list of things worth eating, which isn't that bad when you consider roast rib of beef is pretty close to the top and a packet meal scores less than 1.

2. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Rib of beef = 11/10
    Packet meals = below zero!