1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

sharp stabbing pain above right breast

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by satsumatired, Aug 12, 2007.

1. Hi, I have the above symptoms and don't know whether to bother the doctor. I am 32 yr old female, don't smoke or drink. Fairly healthy. The pain comes intermittently, but has increased since last night and is happening every few minutes. Prior to this it was every one or two days. It lasts only for a couple of seconds at a time maximum. The pain is in the same place every time; at the top of my right breast, sort of in line with my arm pit. I have it when I am still and/or active. Any help much appreciated.Thank you.

2. Hi, I have the above symptoms and don't know whether to bother the doctor. I am 32 yr old female, don't smoke or drink. Fairly healthy. The pain comes intermittently, but has increased since last night and is happening every few minutes. Prior to this it was every one or two days. It lasts only for a couple of seconds at a time maximum. The pain is in the same place every time; at the top of my right breast, sort of in line with my arm pit. I have it when I am still and/or active. Any help much appreciated.Thank you.

3. Its most likely a pulled muscle or ligament tenderness.
    You need to see the dr to make sure it isn't anything more.

4. janemk

janemk New commenter

I had this a few weeks ago and it was just muscle pain. I was worried but it went on its own. You should still find out what yours is, but just saying that it's not necessarily anything bad.

5. I've had it too. It just went away.

6. Marshall

Marshall Occasional commenter

Does it tie in with your monthly cycle? I have had a paid like this for years - mid to late cycle. BUT I would always get anything checked out - lost a couple of good friends 'cos they didn't. (Not that I'm suggesting yours is anything!)

7. MrMedia

MrMedia Lead commenter

Sounds like wind to me. You get a bit of air trapped in a bit of the body and it can take up to a week to work itself out. It's quite common. Regular aerobic exercise helps prevent it.

8. Thanks all. Seeing doctor on Thursday anyway so will get her opinion then just to be sure.