1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Sharktopus!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by anon2980, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Trawling the mire of dross that is masquerading as our televisual entertainment this fair Saturday night, we encountered 'Sharktopus' on Syfy+1 (channel 205 on Sky, if you really want to know).
    I have never p*shed myself laughing so much at a so-called 'horror' movie in my puff. I feel compelled to treat you to the trailer, so you can appreciate the true wonderment of this masterpiece:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U87zVkIXNI0
    Seriously though, Eric Roberts - what are you DOING??????!

2. I am sitting here on looking at posts on the forum
    as my husband has been watching this movie - it’s just over thank god what
    a load of drivel. I am ashamed
    of him!!!!! Though I think the girls in the skimpy bikinis were the main
    attraction.

Ok so he is sexist and has no
    taste in movies. Mind you I am not exactly doing anything very inspiring and it is saturday. Think I'll go and get us a glass of wine, not to early is it?

3. I think I read that it was declared the worst movie of all time! I noticed "Dinoshark vs Crocosaurus" was on a couple of days ago - not that I was tempted to give it a go!

4. My husbahd says megashark v giant octopus is better. For utter trash there's always the wondeful channel Movies For Men - and their ever-present Cerberus - you can see the latex a mile off.
    My husband has horrific taste in movies as a general rule - so far I've avoided Sharktopus but have had some close scrapes.

5. anon8315

anon8315 Established commenter

One of my form showed me a youtube clip of this last year, where the shark jumps out of the ocean and grabs the plane. We all just fell about laughing, so funny! x

6. doomzebra

doomzebra Occasional commenter

Megashark vs crocasaurus (the sequel!!) is on SyFy in a couple of minutes

7. anon8315

anon8315 Established commenter

Oh no! I don't have that channel - I am gutted! (seriously, I love silly films like that!)

8. ...not telling Mr MisterFlibble or I'll have to watch it!

9. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

We watched Masterchef heat 1 from last week. I can't watch much more than an hour of TV at the moment!!

10. I'm lucky if I can find an hour's worth of telly worth watching, Iapin!

11. doomzebra

"Mongolian Death Worm" premieres next Friday

12. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

great british train journeys is at least understandable.........i so love michal portillo enthusiasm for his little book!

13. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

In a similar vein, I liked the film 'Tremors'

14. doomzebra

the sequels are very good too

15. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

I haven't seen the sequels.
    The original was <strike>dreadful</strike> good enough.