1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

shark in the park

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by Daisymay628, Nov 24, 2009.

1. I am hoping to do the big book story -Shark in the park and am kinda stuck for ideas. other than introduce the sh blend and rhyming words with ark and make a telescope.........
    Does anyone have any ideas? I will be grateful!

2. I am hoping to do the big book story -Shark in the park and am kinda stuck for ideas. other than introduce the sh blend and rhyming words with ark and make a telescope.........
    Does anyone have any ideas? I will be grateful!

3. You could make a big class book complete with holes in it, each group completing a page. It could be something different, er... a spoon in the room? Hound on the playground? Ball in the hall? he,he, hee! Or simply just an I Spy book.
    I once did one wee book with every child in class and spent a weekend cutting out the circles ~ not recommended!

4. Oh, and visit a park with you telecopes and take pictures of it, design a park of your own, build a mini adventure park with small world and construction, habitats: If a shark wouldn't live there, what would actually live in a park? (link to Percy the Park Keeper) Lots of name work and words that rhyme with their own (I am right in saying they mention the boy's name in the story?)
    Hope that makes sense!

5. cariad2

cariad2 New commenter

I know that I'm being really pedantic here (sorry), but "sh" isn't a blend - it's a digraph ie 2 letter shapes (graphemes) being used to represent one sound (phoneme).

6. Thanks for the ideas - you know how it is after awhile big books and activities.... just can't think. The ideas are great and we will definitely being doing some of them. I like the telescopes in the park idea, handy as we have one just behind the school. And yes I too have cut out holes for the whole class.

Don't worry about being pedantic too... there are always people who do that... I am used to it.
    oooh homophone to, too and two!
    Daisy
    x