1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Sharing resources on Tes

Discussion in 'TES Authors' Group' started by tesAuthorTeam, Jun 7, 2017.

1. salsify

salsify New commenter

Hello again, I tried this question in a different thread but had no reply yet.
    It's still about why I have more downloads than sales... So far I have not uploaded any freebies. All my resources either come as one single file or one zip file. I don't understand how people can download without it showing in my sales figure... I am new to selling on TES. Could it be that I inadvertently agreed to promotions and this means my resources can be downloaded for free?
    Just to explain further, my sales figure has not changed since Friday night and yet my download figure has gone up...
    Thank you, :)

2. sparkhallo

sparkhallo New commenter

Hi Salsify,
    What are your numbers for each of the following:
    Purchases
    Reviews
    Views
    Downloads
    Followers
    ?

3. JosieWhitehead

JosieWhitehead Lead commenter

I hold the copyright on my 1,300 poems for children and would be pleased to partner with a teacher who might be interested in working with me to bring both my poems and some really good lesson plans to teachers. It would be possible, as you know, to sell these resources on TES together as one package. Contact me if you'd like to do this. The teachers would have brand new and up-to-date poems without copyright problems, and the teachers would also have these plus lesson plans. These popular poems of mine go out to 188 countries of the world via my websites (Google Josie's Poems) so Google Analytics tell me, and many have been published in books in the past and Oxford University Press are now beginning to take them. There are a great many which, of course, come to teachers via TES. Thank you so much TES! They are good poems for certain.

salsify likes this.
  4. salsify

salsify New commenter

Hello,
    Thank you for your time and effort to reply to me. It appears my question has now been resolved. Basically when someone purchases my resource they can then download it several times, e.g. onto different devices. So I guess this makes perfect sense.
    I have since uploaded freebies as well so I suppose my numbers will soon change again.

5. JosieWhitehead

JosieWhitehead Lead commenter

Ha ha - ~Who waved the magic wand? I sold a book on TES for £2. I am due to receive 90p - so I now have 70p over my £10. How rich can one get in one's retirement? Thanks for passing the hat and buying the book! Magic or what? Oh I should add: Yes, how good things are in retirement! I started teaching on £11 a week so £10.90 is almost the same as a week's wages for teaching in 1964! Things do get better and better as you get older - you wait and see!

6. WeTeachWell

WeTeachWell New commenter

I certainly understand your point. I faced this issue today when I saw a paid resource which had used some still shots from a movie promo. I have spent many hours making sure that all the shots I am using at copyright free and I also give credit to the photographer.

There are some great sites like Unsplash and pixabay where you can get excellent copyright free images to use. Like you I believe it is better to respect others copyright if we want ours to be respected.

Cheers

Carolyn

Caroly