1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Sharing resources on Tes

Discussion in 'TES Authors' Group' started by tesAuthorTeam, Jun 7, 2017.

1. tesAuthorTeam

tesAuthorTeam New commenter TES Authors' forum host

2. richardtock

richardtock New commenter

This isn't really working, though.

If I have 50 resources, and one is correctly reported for copyright theft, what happens to my account? In your current systems does it stay open? Is there a 3 strikes policy.

Why doesn't the 'report' button show up on mobile?

I would assume that if a copyright infringment is logged against an account, all of that accounts resources would be reviewed. Is this the case?

3. Magda_TES

Magda_TES New commenter Staff Member

Hi Richard,
    Thanks for drawing attention to the mobile problem. It's with the tech team to look into and resolve.

We always need clear evidence from the original creator of the materials before we take action on resources. This is why we review all resources individually against the evidence provided, on a case-by-case basis.

Copyright complaints and problems come in many different forms and we make decisions about how to act and deal with misuse on a case-by-case basis. We exercise the right to ban authors and where this happens, this is managed through private communication and cannot be shared across the broader community. Be assured we monitor complaints against authors and do not tolerate copyright infringement.

I hope this helps.

4. tchristin

tchristin New commenter

The copyright law (for educational purposes) is so abstract! I think we would really appreciate if from the TES team we could count on some guidance such as having an expert on the subject answering questions from the authors (recording a talk with FAQ sent by the authors or a Twitter chat one day...).

I am afraid this section (http://help-resources.tes.co.uk/customer/en/portal/topics/735604-copyright/articles) is not enough. Thank you for your consideration! It would be REALLY helpful.

5. teacher2907

teacher2907 New commenter

Finding it interesting about copyright. I have seen a couple of resources been considered "recommended" resources recently by you but they have a lot of resources that clearly breach copyright. I don't understand how paid resources can get approved when they clearly breach these rules. It's not necessarily down to people using other people's work (other teacher's) etc it's more many upload resources that look fancy and amazing but the pictures used in them are copyright. I'm finding it hard to compete and find copyright free images because my resource might not be as creative as someone elses.

Alice K and Krazikas like this.
  6. proteomicscr

proteomicscr New commenter

if anyone needs the contents we offered and shared, once used, must claimed about the source. But this is really a long way to walk, hard to come true by everyone!

7. TheGingerTeacher

TheGingerTeacher Established commenter Forum guide and community helper

8. davlae

davlae New commenter

I think that proteomicscr is on to something - but I'm not quite sure what - yet!
    Oh - this is really bugging me - I'm going to be thinking about this ALL day.

Did this go through Google translate a few times perhaps?

TheGingerTeacher likes this.
  9. littlelearnersmail

littlelearnersmail New commenter

Hi - hope this is the right place to ask... none of the resources I uploaded today are showing up in my shop. What's going on?
    Thanks!

10. PhilWickins

PhilWickins New commenter

11. gdoolan84

gdoolan84 New commenter

12. JosieWhitehead

JosieWhitehead Lead commenter

I don't mind teachers using my poems in their classrooms because I have written them for the children, but when I found that someone had incorporated one of my poems in his book, which he was selling on the internet, I came down heavy on him. All too often I see poems being used without any reference to the author. This is what I REALLY object to when I have, perhaps, spent hours writing them for the children. I would, however, be really pleased if someone were to contact me to add a good lesson plan to my poems, ie to work together for the sake of the teachers.

mathsmutt and tosh740 like this.
  13. salsify

salsify New commenter

I am new to publishing resources and having uploaded my first resources today I think I am missing something... Both my resources show all the included pages in their preview and the contents can be read so clearly that nobody actually needs to purchase these... erm... while I am not trying to encourage anyone here to go and simply screen shoot my resources, I would appreciate some support on how to hide the details, please.
    I tried uploading a picture in the hope it would take over the 'preview' but for some reason it got rejected by the 'spam filter'... Hmm... not an encouraging start for me.
    Thank you for any support you can give me on this. :)

14. hoppytimes

hoppytimes New commenter

Salsify, because your resource has separate files, Tes automatically displays the first page of each file as a preview. Is there a chance you could put all the files together, maybe add them to a .zip file and make and upload a cover image instead?
    I believe the automatic previews for premium resources display the first and last pages and a random middle page. For free resources, all pages can be viewed.

salsify likes this.
  15. salsify

salsify New commenter

Thank you hoppytimes for your swift feedback. I went back in there and did as you suggested. It worked and my picture got accepted this time. Thanks again.

hoppytimes likes this.
  16. salsify

salsify New commenter

Good afternoon, here I am again. So I have another question, please. What does it mean if on my author dashboard the number of downloads is higher than the number of sales? I have not yet uploaded any free resources... As stated above I am new to all this so please can someone advise me on this?
    Many Thanks :)

17. FullShelf

FullShelf New commenter

Hello. If your resource has several files they will count as multiple downloads.

salsify and Krazikas like this.
  18. salsify

salsify New commenter

Hello, and thank you for getting back to me.
    Hmm... my resource has several files but they are zipped together into one file. Would the download have included the picture which I uploaded as a preview image? Currently it shows 1 sale, 2 downloads. So I guess that could mean 1 zip plus 1 image = 2 downloads...
    :)

19. JosieWhitehead

JosieWhitehead Lead commenter

Oh, would somebody just pay 20p for something I've contributed. Stuck at £9.80, I think TES will never pay me, ha ha I'll just pass the hat round. 1p each might do the job. If I bought something in a shop for £9.80, the seller would expect to be paid. hmmm - So come on, pass the hat round.

tosh740 likes this.
  20. mrajlong

mrajlong Established commenter

Done. Keep the hat x

JosieWhitehead likes this.