1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Sharing Reception classes and CP

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by kaz_allan, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Can anyone advise how they follow childrens individual needs within CP when they have to share the areas with another class and their individual needs too? Is it easier to have separate classes and two lots of CP areas so it can be tailored to each classes needs?

Any ideas???

2. Can anyone advise how they follow childrens individual needs within CP when they have to share the areas with another class and their individual needs too? Is it easier to have separate classes and two lots of CP areas so it can be tailored to each classes needs?

Any ideas???

3. clawdeer

clawdeer New commenter

We have two classes (60 kids) in one room and follow the same topic but go off at different tangents depending on the children in each class. We share everything, so have one role play, one construction corner, one art area etc... we teach on our own carpets, but the children choose their own learning from all over the room / outdoors. it does work well for us.

4. Msz

Msz Established commenter

Continuous Provision is just that ... the basic resources that all children can use the tailoring comes when you add enhancements to devlop children's interests. I personally prefer one well resourced area than two smaller areas.

5. Ok thanks that makes me feel better. I was concerned that the cp areas would be enhanced in too many ways taking too many different interests into account and that it wouldn't work.