1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Sharing RAISEonline with parents - Good practice?

Discussion in 'Assessment' started by thequillguy, Jan 8, 2013.

1. thequillguy

thequillguy New commenter

I have heard both yay and nay to the above question. Personally, I think it depends. But I've heard that usually it's not shared. Any hard and fast suggestions?

2. thequillguy

thequillguy New commenter

I have heard both yay and nay to the above question. Personally, I think it depends. But I've heard that usually it's not shared. Any hard and fast suggestions?

3. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

With which parents would you be sharing a retrospective analysis of results / performance ?

4. It is good to share the broad outcomes of your analysis of all your self-evaluation, including RAISEonlline and other assessment data. This should, of course, be accompanied by an explanation of what the school is doing to address any issues you have identified. I'm not sure you would be achieving a great deal by involving parents in the details of RAISEonline.

5. Personally, I can't imagine many parents wanting to be taken through RAISEonline. If you meet some that do - run away...