1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Sharing powerpoint presentations on TES

Discussion in 'TES Authors' Group' started by busyprimaryteacher247, Aug 12, 2018 at 6:56 PM.

1. busyprimaryteacher247

busyprimaryteacher247 New commenter

Hi,
    My apologies if this question has already been asked, but I have made a powerpoint presentation that includes animated elements. I want to be able to sell it. How can I save it so that it can be used by others but not edited?

2. elder_cat

elder_cat Established commenter

https://support.office.com/en-us/ar...f-a-file-b1af610f-f172-42c9-85fc-a178a503cc81

Help prevent changes to a final version of a file

Applies To: Excel for Office 365 Word for Office 365 PowerPoint for Office 365 Excel 2016 Word 2016 PowerPoint 2016 Excel 2013 Word 2013 PowerPoint 2013 Excel 2010 Word 2010 PowerPoint 2010 Excel 2007 Word 2007 PowerPoint 2007 Office 2010

Use Mark as Final to make your Word, Excel, or PowerPoint file read-only. When you mark as final, typing, editing commands, proofing marks are disabled or turned off, and the file becomes read-only, and the Status property of the document is set to Final.

Sounds great, but............

Notes:

The Mark as Final command is not a security feature. Anyone who receives an electronic copy of a file that has been marked as final can edit that file by removing the Mark as Final status from the file.

If you want to encrypt a presentation with a password or restrict who can edit it, see Add or remove protection in your document, workbook, or presentation.

https://www.isumsoft.com/office/3-ways-to-protect-powerpoint-from-editing.html

How to Protect PowerPoint Presentation from Editing and Modify

If you don’t want others unwanted to open and modify your PowerPoint presentation, you can lock the presentation. Here this guide will introduce several ways to protect a presentation file from copying, editing, and changing.

Option 1: Marking as final
    Option 2: Restrict Access
    Option 3: Encrypt with Password

Check out "Option 2: Set Restrict Access to Prevent Others from Editing"

3. penyrheol1

penyrheol1 New commenter

You can save as a ppsx file so that it opens as a slide show only