1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Sharing planning across 3 classes

Discussion in 'Part-time and job share' started by twinklewoody123, Aug 6, 2018.

1. twinklewoody123

twinklewoody123 New commenter

How do you share the planning across a 3 form entry year group? 1 full time and 4 part time staff across 3 classes!!! Mainly Maths and English as most other stuff is in place.

2. alsoamum

alsoamum New commenter

Could you split the subjects and each class take it in turns to plan one of:

Maths
    English - creative writing and handwriting
    Guided reading and spag

The job sharers Could take it in turns alternate weeks?

Do you have a time when everyone's in and you can all meet? Shared ppa?

3. jhagan99

jhagan99 New commenter

Is it only me that absolutely hates this sharing of planning? It's not that I'm stingy with my planning, rather I detest having to follow someone else's stuff. I'd rather do it all myself. What if they choose a novel I find deathly dull? Or the slides on fractions they spent hours preparing offer a really **** explanation that I have to completely rewrite in order for it to make sense to me (never mind the kids). I just left a job-share in a 3 form entry school because, among other reasons, I was miserable about only getting to plan a tiny part of the curriculum myself. I wasn't even enjoying my lessons so I doubt the kids fared much better :)

TEA2111 likes this.