1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Sharing innovative ideas.

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by transilvanian, May 16, 2011.

1. What do all the stars mean? Is it rude?

2. tonymillar

tonymillar New commenter

5 star rating means excellent topic and I agree. Too much space is taken up on blogs and forums by people full of complaints with no positive suggestions, so I will throw in a positive starter.
    How about engaging with pupils to come up with ideas on how the school building could become more energy or resource efficient? Teachers could come up with lessons that demonstrate curriculum links to the topics. Cross curricular links, bringing groups of teachers together could also be explored. Teachers and students can then identify Eco Schools topics that would be relevant and use this work as part of an award submission. Other areas including learning outside the classroom could also play a part in the work
    The school saves money and new learning opportunities would be created for both teachers and students.
    Free lesson plans and supporting information can be found at www.teachshare.org.uk. Use access code tesr11

3. mrkeys

mrkeys Occasional commenter

I was fortunate to work in 2 creative partnership schools. There is a wealth of information on their web site.
    http://www.creative-partnerships.com/
    Also you will find a lot of useful information on the LOSAS web site
    http://www.lonsas.org.uk/
    Good idea. Not enough sharing of good practice happens in teaching.
    Hope this helps

4. Fantastic!

Quite pleased with T&L booklet for Parents I've just finished. Happy to email: knevez@hotmail.co.uk email if you want a copy. Replaces H-S Agreement (primary) & helping your child to read booklet.