1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Sharing best practise

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by mummy304, Mar 13, 2018.

1. mummy304

mummy304 New commenter

Good evening everyone,
    I'm writing a document about TA's/HLTA's, and I am interested in what your thoughts are on
    . effective lesson delivery
    . Marking and feedback
    . Questioning and use of Bloom's Taxonomy
    How skilled are you in these areas, and what barriers may affect your practise? Please be as honest as possible.

2. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

Heads up before you start your piece - practice

olunchick likes this.
  3. sunshineneeded

sunshineneeded Lead commenter

The areas you are looking at are huge - people are very willing to help, but you might need to refine your questions and be more specific about what exactly you want to know in order for folk to be able to answer. Best of luck!

4. pickles124

pickles124 Established commenter

Could you perhaps compile a list of questions instead?

Nobody is going to remember Blooms Taxonomy. All I remember is some chart and that's It?
    Marking and Feedback? What about it specifically?

You need to break this down into bitesize chunks and then we can help.

5. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

Call me a cynic but I am suspicious of the the ( all too frequent ) posts which request help / support / guidance yet fail to clarify their own thinking / work to date ? I think I may be forgiven in assuming that some posters are looking for someone else to do the work for them ?