1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Shared Primary PGCE resources, lesson plans etc.

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by Vanadesse, Sep 2, 2011.

1. Vanadesse

Vanadesse New commenter

I just thought I'd post about a website called dropbox that I recently found out about. It lets you store and access files on any computer and online and it lets you share files with other people. You don't have to share everything, just the things that you want to. I think it's a great idea because it means I can back up all of my lesson plans and assignments without risk of losing them (my external hard drive broke last year so I know that back up isn't fail proof!) as well as sharing resources with other people on PGCE courses.

I'm doing a Primary PGCE this year and so I've set up a PGCE folder and have a bunch of resources and stuff in there that I've found online and will be putting all my lesson plans etc. in there too. I've also put in a big list of websites that I've found that have lesson plans, activities, games etc. for different subjects.

I've already shared access to this with a number of people on my course but I'm happy to let anyone take a look and use anything. If you've already got an account, send me your email and I'll give you access to my folder if you want it. If you haven't, here's a link to sign up if you want to : http://db.tt/60B4qyB

If you have Dropbox and want to share a PGCE resources folder, maybe you could post here that you have one and people can send you their email address for you to invite them to share as well? That way we could have a whole network of shared resources. The year is hard enough already without spending time searching for something that someone else has already found, we might as well make it a little easier for ourselves!!

2. Vanadesse

Vanadesse New commenter

I just thought I'd post about a website called dropbox that I recently found out about. It lets you store and access files on any computer and online and it lets you share files with other people. You don't have to share everything, just the things that you want to. I think it's a great idea because it means I can back up all of my lesson plans and assignments without risk of losing them (my external hard drive broke last year so I know that back up isn't fail proof!) as well as sharing resources with other people on PGCE courses.

I'm doing a Primary PGCE this year and so I've set up a PGCE folder and have a bunch of resources and stuff in there that I've found online and will be putting all my lesson plans etc. in there too. I've also put in a big list of websites that I've found that have lesson plans, activities, games etc. for different subjects.

I've already shared access to this with a number of people on my course but I'm happy to let anyone take a look and use anything. If you've already got an account, send me your email and I'll give you access to my folder if you want it. If you haven't, here's a link to sign up if you want to : http://db.tt/60B4qyB

If you have Dropbox and want to share a PGCE resources folder, maybe you could post here that you have one and people can send you their email address for you to invite them to share as well? That way we could have a whole network of shared resources. The year is hard enough already without spending time searching for something that someone else has already found, we might as well make it a little easier for ourselves!!

3. I use dropbox too and it is very useful. It was a godsend for backing up work last year when my laptop was on its last legs. I've not used the public folder much but I think it could be very useful. I would definitely recommend people get it.

4. I'm starting a PGCE in a couple if weeks and I plan on using alway sync to back up files between my laptop, another laptop and an external hard-drive. Hoping that's enough.

5. Vanadesse

Vanadesse New commenter

That was actually the reason I first joined it, an unbreakable backup that you can't lose!