1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Shared/guided reading and writing training videos

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by invincible, Jul 3, 2011.

1. invincible

invincible New commenter

Have posted this elsewhere but am trying to reach as large an audience as possible so am posting it here too.
    I am language and literacy coordinator in an international school and next school year I am planning to train our host country staff, who have never done shared and guided reading and writing, about how to do this. However, short of doing all the modelling myself, I have nothing to show them that illustrates practical examples of how these strategies work.
    So I would like to ask if there are any Heads/coordinators/teachers here who might have some old NLS training videos/DVDs available that they no longer use or want. I will pay a reasonable amount including P&P for any you have if you are willing to part with them and send them to me.
    Please leave a message here and I will see it and respond. Many thanks in advance!

2. invincible

invincible New commenter

Thanks. I'm getting through them slowly.

3. Local authorities have shops online with useful DVDs which you can order and have sent to you. I recommend reading up on Recipeocal Reading- you can get the idea by reading the materials- very useful for taking guided reading on a pace.