1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Share my Lesson

Discussion in 'TES Authors' Group' started by marlin, Aug 6, 2018.

1. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

I was just browsing on the 'net ( as you do ) and discovered that all of my free resources that used to be on TES (I deleted them all a while back) are available on the Share my Lesson website. It is an American site and I can't see any relationship to TES mentioned. They are not charging for the resources and do have my TES name as the author. Quite a few even have very nice reviews that I was happy to read - more than I ever got on TES! I'm surprised though to find my resources there and shall investigate getting them taken off.

I wondered if there is an association with TES or if any of you have found your resources on the site?

2. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

Hmmm. Just checked out the Wiki entry for Share my Lesson and found this:

The American Federation of Teachers partnered with Britain’s TES Connect with the aim of building the largest online community for US teachers to collaborate and share teaching resources and innovative ideas.

Perhaps I should have known about it after all. :confused:

3. shd132

shd132 New commenter

This is certainly very interesting. I've just searched for myself and found my 'Of Mice and Men' PowerPoints on there with several positive reviews. Who knew, eh? I'm not sure how I feel about this!

4. EC_Resources

EC_Resources Occasional commenter

Yeah this is happening a lot. People are uploading free resources from Tes and putting them on 'blogs for free resources' which they then gain revenue from through advertising. I found some of mine being posted on a facebook group! Gotta be vigilant guys.

5. shd132

shd132 New commenter

Crikey! Do you have any links to such sites?