1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

shape poems

Discussion in 'Primary' started by ljjsmith, May 2, 2011.

1. Does anyone know of a shape poem I can read to year 4 at the end of an interview. I'm mainly focusing on 2D shapes withsome 3D for the HA group. I want to leave it with them to read and say after i've left,
    Thanks
    Laura

2. If i saw that I would ask - what did that add to the lesson? - would it not be a little weird at the end of a maths session? I would be more focussed on if the children have made any progress and they understood what they should have been learning in the lesson.

3. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

Exactly like a ‘V’ When my brother TommySleeps in bed with meHe doubles upAnd makeshimselfexactlylikeaV And ‘cause the bed is not so wideA part of him is on my side. Abram Bunn Ross

4. marlin

This lost its shape when I posted! It looked fine in preview!
    I'll upload it into resources so that you can see it properly. It is a poem in the shape of the letter V.

5. marlin

Exactly like a V by Abram Bunn Ross
    I've uploaded it, but it will take up to 60 minutes to appear in resources. The V is very triangular, but I don't know if this link to shape is too tenuous.

6. The poem is not very good!

7. marlin

Have you a better one to suggest Regency Rob?
    It actually looks better and is more effective in its proper shape.
    I was only trying to be helpful. [​IMG]

8. Sorry Marlin! Its not even about shapes though is it its about letters!

9. marlin

I found this:

A

With snow on the top or a tent.

10. Thats a better one MArlin but I would still question why you would use it in a shape lesson especially with HA year 5/6 children

11. Thanks for all your help.
    I have planned all the lesson and just thought it would be something fun for them to hear in the very last few seconds but I agree Rob that it won't really add anything to my year 4 lesson- maybe I'll give it a miss then- Thanks anyway Marlin for all your searching!