1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Shanghai Work Quiz No.2

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by pengyou, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Actually, I find it very disappointing. It's time the decent thing was done for all concerned. There may very well be a 'school' there next year with a staff force of shiny, new, bright eyed beings but...
    • Will work permits and visas be issued? (Staff that have joined the school since February are not getting issued work permits and visas, despite everything being 'above board')
    • Will there be money available for resources? (Hasn't been for the past 2 years, so that won't change now)
    • Will health insurance, rents and salaries be paid? (Eventually...it is almost expected that things run 2 months in arrears around here)
    • There needs to be students attending before there is a need for teachers! (Current projections for August intake from KS3 upwards is a grand total of 20!)
    Spare yourself the trauma. Do the research, read the reviews and run in the opposite direction.
    Sad and disappointed.

2. percy topliss

percy topliss Occasional commenter

I have just done a search about this school. There are quite a few " don't go there" emails from long before even I started working at D, that was the year that most R primary staff decamped to Pudong to work with us. 2004. Why didn't any of you read those threads before you took your jobs? If you didn't, and still took a job at a place which was being lambasted on the TES, why do you keep boring us with its uselessness now? It has always been, at best, a third rate school with very few pupils. Let it die and stop advertising your own inadequacies at interview and research level. I have said it before and I will say it again, now, life really is too short, if you Actually believe it ,walk out now. Don't pretend you are doing it for the greater good you aren't. You are just being a self serving ***. Think. Just think about what any prospective Head is going to feel about a candidate who applies for a job from someone from your school?
    Is this the turkey without balls?

Percy

3. Billy_Budd

Billy_Budd New commenter

In response to the above post, I was going to apply to a job at this school and haven't due to the recent comments on this forum.

4. Definitely to be avoided Billy_Bud. Plenty other schools out there.

5. Diddysan

Diddysan New commenter

Could someone PM me with info... I have a skype interview with a school in Shanghai and want to know the score.

Thanks

6. Ouch! Proper popped a cork mate. I must be a big thorn in your big fat paw to elicit such a vitriolic attack. Poor old Percy Topiss, you must be well annoyed that this school has kept going despite all your 'research' and even though you have a clear and complete understanding of this situation, your vile little response is to attack the attacked.
    Well played old chap. Time to retire, what?

7. percy topliss

percy topliss Occasional commenter

Well done Billy. That means that you have used the forum correctly. It will save you a lot of time in five years!

No thoughts of retirement yet, enforced or otherwise!

Perce

max5775 likes this.
  8. Is the school in QP dist.?