1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Shaking Hands

Discussion in 'Education news' started by Iftilsi, Jun 7, 2016.

Tags:
  1. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

Why, thank you - although you know nothing about me.

Which you cannot know as I have not told you what my attitude towards them is...

Something I had already gleaned from your posts - I just would like you to spell it out as you hint a lot and question a lot, but don't seem prepared to state your opinion in unambiguous terms.

Hey ho. Moving on...

2. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

3. monicabilongame

OMG that's EXACTLY what I thought you looked/sounded like!

[​IMG]

4. Vince_Ulam

5. Goodsis

Goodsis New commenter

Terrorism and sexual grooming is nothing to do with Masajid, Imams and Muslim schools. Those Muslim youths who have been involved in terrorism and sexual grooming are the product of western education system which makes a man stupid, selfish and corrupt. They find themselves cut off from their cultural heritage, literature and poetry. They suffer from identity crises and I blame British schooling.

Let us carry on the debate in the spirit of a healthy and an edifying exchange of ideas. I have nothing against Muslims. However, you cannot point the finger at western education. Western education makes a man stupid, selfish and corrupt? I can see that you are biased against western education. Every curriculum has its pros and cons but compared to many other curricula British schooling encourages global citizenship, multiculturalism. British schools have students from different parts of the world and I am sure that each student is treated equally. But then once again, I do not have hard facts and case studies at my disposal.

slingshotsally likes this.
  6. lunarita

lunarita Established commenter

Well yes, sometimes I suppose

[​IMG]

7. Mr_Ed

Mr_Ed Established commenter

"So who was the terrorist?" Well, "One man's terrorist, is another mans freedom fighter.... "

see: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0246460/

"Communism lived on" - NO it didn't, well maybe in Cuba it did, but that's about it.....

Anyway, moving on, you also state:

"Muslim children need state funded Muslim schools with Muslim teachers as role models during their developmental periods. There is no place for a non-Muslim child or a teacher in a Muslim school."

So are you saying, because I'm a kafear, I can't be a good role model to young, Muslim school-children? If so, that is incredibly offensive! (I'm surprised it was not actually censored by the moderators, to be honest).

By-the-way, when you say state funded Muslim schools - which state do you mean, if it's Saudi Arabia, then fine, but if you mean Britain, then you my friend, are misguided.

P.S. If your lengthy, self-obsessed and quite ludicrous posts are indicative of the wider Muslim community, then I can understand exactly why the 'Leave' campaign may win the referendum, next week. For example, you started this with: "For a female teacher to demand from male students (children or teens) that they shake her hand against their will is an act of domination." Yet you follow it up with: "A Muslim is a citizen of this tiny global village. The whole world belongs to Muslims. " Well that sounds like domination to me, WORLD DOMINATION!

You and your 'brothers' are just getting a little bit too big for your boots e.g. http://toprightnews.com/muslims-demand-that-offensive-crosses-be-removed-from-catholic-school/
    and it is dangerous. Why not try to assimilate, instead.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
    monicabilongame likes this.
  8. monicabilongame

Psychologically speaking, religious or ideological attempts to impose one's own views, practices and beliefs on others usually stem from an arrogant conviction that you are right and everyone else is wrong, and you have to make everyone be the same as you. And this in turn usually stems from a secret fear that actually you are not right but you are too scared to consider the alternatives, and so you have to make everyone the same as you so as to bolster up your own insecure position.

People who are secure in their own beliefs have much less of a need to feel a part of the crowd, as they have nothing to prove to anyone and are not threatened by those who believe differently.

delnon likes this.
  9. SteveKindle

SteveKindle Occasional commenter

Faith isn't the same as certainty. Faith is the opposite of certainty.

When you say "...attempts to impose one's own views, practices and beliefs on others usually stem from an arrogant conviction that you are right and everyone else is wrong..", you're not discussing religion, you're discussing the worst excesses of the human condition.

Like Swiss politicians who insist they're right that forcing people to shake hands is anti-sexist.

10. Vince_Ulam

'Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.'

(Hebrews 11:1.)