1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

shakespeare and the literary heritage..help please

Discussion in 'English' started by lizfee, Jan 29, 2012.

1. We have less than 2 weeks of lessons (6 hours) to prepare pupils for this and I feel overwhelmed and "hair tearing out" crazy about it. I just can't get a clear essay structure in my head to shar with kids and they in turn feel utterly confused. We have looked at love in R and J (balcony scene), sonnet 130 and the flea..it's just knitting them together that is killing me. I see the links but I just can't get it down on paper.. Has anyone covered similar themes/texts that could help? I would be exceptionally grateful..I can't remember the last time I felt so overwhelmed :(
    Thanks in advance..

2. thequillguy

thequillguy New commenter

Balcony scene: romantic/courtly love. Sonnet 130: cynical(ish) love. Sonnet 18: a love that balances between the two. Two lessons on sonnet 18, two lessons preparing and planning, and two lessons or so writing. PM for more info if necessary, but as my mentor said remember, KISS!