1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

sexy?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by wellard, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Have been chatting to a guy on an internet dating site. He keeps ending messages with sexy. Should I be wary of this? I am so rusty as far as dating is concerned and am very wary of men wanting more than just a date!

2. Have been chatting to a guy on an internet dating site. He keeps ending messages with sexy. Should I be wary of this? I am so rusty as far as dating is concerned and am very wary of men wanting more than just a date!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I'm assuming you mean sexy comments...
    I'd certainly discourage what is essentially a stranger from making comments which are anything other than friendly and polite.
    If you don't discourage it then you may find yourself caught up in the kind of conversation that is not what leads to a good relationship. It smacks of 'chancer' to me - perhaps unfairly but hey ho. I'd be blocking him if I were you.

4. Yes - he def sounds like he wants more than a date. Be weary of this one he sounds like a creep. Keep at it though as there are lots of lovely and genuine blokes on the internet.

5. I agree with everything seren-dipity said. Be VERY careful!

6. He doesn't make sexy comments he will end a statement with the word sexy e.g he started a coversation saying "hey sexy". Thank you for your comments, it is good to hear what you think yourself.

7. If he's starting a conversation with "hey sexy" ... I think that he's probably expecting a physical relationship, sooner rather than later! If he was wanting a romantic relationship, wouldn't he be a little more respectful?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Fair enough - I wouldn't consider it to be appropriate until I'd met him but I may be being old-fashioned (I'm probably older than you). It would be enough for me to weed him out. Internate dating needs a strong sense of what you're looking for and going with your instincts (and being a sound judge of character) and it seems to me that if you're doubtful enough about this to be asking about it on here your instincts are suggesting you don't think it's appropriate either.
    Perhaps you could suggest to him that you're not entirely comfortable with this as a greeting (or a sign off) and see what his reaction is. From experience a nice guy will agree to stop without it prejudicing the conversations.

9. tartetatin

tartetatin New commenter

I agree with the others. It's presumptous and inappropriate. Proceed with caution! [​IMG]

10. modelmaker

modelmaker Occasional commenter

You already know the answer or you wouldn't be posing the question on here, would you, sexy?
    You see, sexy, there are lots of ways you can address people you've yet to meet that don't imply that sex is the sole reason you are communicating.
    I've purposely addressed you as sexy to make this point. I hope you weren't offended by it.

11. wrldtrvlr123

wrldtrvlr123 Occasional commenter

Has he seen a picture of you? If so, then sexy is a complement (I suppose on the Internet, someone could complement your persona as sexy as well).
    If you are chatting on a dating site, then sexy certainly doesn't seem out of line at all (as opposed to a TESer PMing you and immediately going to sexy). And yes, in many people's minds (especially men), dating can/does lead to more than just a date.
    I wouldn't block him just because of this one thing. If you do not respond in kind or take that line/type of conversation further, that will communicate something to him. If he continues to communicate, see where it goes.

12. To the OP: I don't imagaine this man is a sex pest/stalker/pervert but he certainly sounds sleazy to me. IMHO it's too much too soon and just a bit eurgh.

You could chat for a bit longer and see if he uses this "term of endearment" all of the time and maybe even ask him why he does?

Personally it would be such a huge turn off I would just say I didn't like being called "sexy" by a total stranger and then delete him. There are lots of nice men doing internet dating so why settle for someone who is making you question them just from a few swapped emails?

13. Cervinia

Cervinia Occasional commenter

I know of someone who chatted with, and even arranged to meet a gentleman. She read a few of the messages between them again and decided something wasn't quite right. She didn't meet up with him but did recognise his face on the news a few months later. This only happened 3 years ago, any guesses as to who the gentleman was?

14. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

delete and don't tell him why
    let his slimy self continue to warn others

15. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

Michael Gove?

16. Silvio Berlusconi.

17. dogcat

dogcat New commenter

I am currently dabbling with internet dating myself, it is comments that include words such as 'sexy' that are making me think I will delete my profile soon.
    Each to their own, I don't think it makes the person a total weirdo, but stuff like that makes my skin crawl! As does 'honey' and 'darling'!
    If you have questionned it then it does not sit right with you, so I would not bother with person in question. Plenty more of them around!

18. Fred West?

19. tartetatin

tartetatin New commenter

Not unless he came back from the dead!

20. Cervinia

Cervinia Occasional commenter

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10179073

And

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bradford-west-yorkshire-11541168