I have recently been offered what my union thinks is a generous settlement agreement, but for one reason or another I am finding it very, very hard to decide whether to accept this or not. I have been at my current school for a relatively long time and there is no real reason for the school wanting me to leave. Compared to some posts on these forums I have not been treated that badly. Main scale. In my 50s. It is likely there will be pressures on the school to convert to an academy due to poor results soon. I've nothing lined up. No plans. An action plan has been mentioned but the union thinks it is unlikely the school will initiate this as there is nothing really wrong with my teaching. Union says I will get a good a reference that I will be able to see beforehand, but I am cynical about how this might work in practise and how this may affect my chances in securing another job in teaching, if that is what I want. If it is a question of my face not fitting I feel angry at what can only be seen as an attempt to push me out.