1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Settlement agreement help please

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by NQT1987, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Wondered if I could ask for some advice. I'd prefer to private message someone to go into more detail. I've been offered a settlement agreement with terms I don't agree with and I don't know what to do. Short story, pit through disciplinary for potential gross misconduct. Not proven, but have been told I will get a first written warning. I don't want to go back and they don't want me back. They've put forward pay in lieu of July and August, an end date of June (I've asked for August) and no maternity pay (I'm due in October). Just seems like I'm getting the rough deal when really I could ask to go back to work!

2. nomad

nomad Star commenter

The best advice is that which you will get from your union representative.

Avoid posting any details on this forum as it could result in the school cancelling any settlement.

3. no problem

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

5. chriszwinter1

chriszwinter1 New commenter

Mindful of your own caution and nomad's advice, I'd love to see a disciplinary policy that allows something not proven (a Scottish legal term, unless I'm mistaken) to result in a written warning.

6. elsa2

elsa2 New commenter

Go to ACAS, they were fantastic when I was off with a broken arm and I was treated really badly. Better than the union.

7. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

NQT1987 - Feel free to PM me? but please, please get this thread removed.