1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Settled!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by catmother, Jul 17, 2019.

1. catmother

catmother Star commenter

I've just got the email after the up and downs of applying at the weekend. I'm now the proud owner of a settled status!

2. LondonCanary

LondonCanary Star commenter

Wow. 2 days was quick. Congratulations.

sodalime and catmother like this.
  3. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

Delighted for you, and pleased to hear that you heard so quickly after all the initial difficulties.

catmother and sodalime like this.
  4. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

Excellent news!

catmother likes this.
  5. sodalime

sodalime Lead commenter

That's great news, I'm really happy for you. Now you can relax in this new certainty :)

catmother likes this.
  6. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Indeed. I was hoping that I would get the answer before the end of the week,so 2 days was very quick.

sodalime likes this.
  7. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

8. landaise

landaise Occasional commenter

Very pleased for you. I am still disgusted that you have to apply for the legal right to be in a country that has been your home for so long.
    I’m in the opposite situation : not sure of the exact details yet but a British government website tells me that when I have to apply for a carte de séjour it will cost me 119€. Lovely. Just to continue as I am.

LunaBlue123 likes this.
  9. anotherauntsally

anotherauntsally Lead commenter

That’s excellent news. Congratulations. Just disappointing that you need to do this now after being here for so long.

LunaBlue123, coffeekid and catmother like this.
  10. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Look after it. Water it well and keep it fed and clean.

LunaBlue123, primarycat and catmother like this.
  11. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

How else would people such as catmother who have a right to remain be distinguished from foreigners who do not have a right to remain here? Settled status is essential to protect the rights of people like catmother. It is simply one of those things, like registering births, deaths and marriages (although not as costly!), that is part of modern life.

racroesus likes this.
  12. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

That makes it sounds like some sort of settee.

Very pleased for you after all the uncertainty you've been through.

13. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Well,we could argue about the rights and wrongs of the current "B...." situation and the fact that I did not used to be considered a foreigner as such but I probably will soon be.
    However,let's not get into it on here,plenty other threads to have the never ending debate.

14. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Don't you already have some kind of paperwork in France @landaise?

15. landaise

landaise Occasional commenter

No, I don’t as it’s currently not necessary, a passport is considered enough as an EU or EEA citizen. A carte de séjour will become necessary when the U.K. exits the EU.

catmother likes this.